Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trying to get well!

Well, I have officially been sick for more than a week. At first I thought it was allergies, then I started feeling worse and worse and it definitely wasn't allergies. I can breathe again which is good, but I still have a very runny nose, terrible croupy cough, and my left ear is completely plugged...ick. My ear makes me feel so off balance! I even tried using a Chinese ear candle, but it's still plugged. :-( I love those candles usually...they're awesome! My ear is just really bad...

I played a wedding today...it was hard to hear with my ear the way it is, but overall, it went okay. There are always the random things that happen, but overall it went smoothly. I have found a group that I like to play with (string trio).

Illusions seems to be getting worse...it's awful. It rattles/buzzes our windows and walls, and I can feel it still when I have headphones on. It has really tested my patience, and especially Madison's, since he is in full blown exam studying mode...I don't know how I am going to stand living here until the end of June, but we will make it work. It hurts my head it's so loud and gives me awful headaches. It is keeping us up until 1am most nights, if not later. Thursday night, I got under 4 hours of sleep. It is just as bad as being next to a loud car with lots of bass at a stop light.
Except for hours and hours....We call the police all the time...they will stop by sometimes...the volume goes down the slightest and then 15 minutes later, they crank it back up. The people at the end call the police every day. There's a noise ordinance, very specific to that sort of noise. It says it's supposed to always be quiet, especially between the hours of 11 & sometime in the morning...I wish they would crack down on them. I can feel it in my sofa that I'm sitting on right now. According to several sources, they let underage high schoolers, etc. in there a lot. I believe it. Such a trashy place...

It's wedding season! I have several weddings in the next few months. It's nice to get some checks from my freelance jobs like that and Easter, etc. It's also exam time...Until May 7, Madison and I will mostly just be able to speak at meals. Law school exams cover everything the whole semester, without any prior tests/homework...so yeah...they're intense. I will be looking forward to May 7 when I "get him back".

I have been painting and such today to try to relax and have something fun to do. This weekend has been a lot of work, so I'm happy to finally be able to relax tonight and tomorrow. I got to sleep in this morning for the first time in a long time! I think I got over 12 hours of sleep, haha! I made up for the >4 the night before...

Nothign else to report at the moment...just figuring out my summer schedule at the moment!

1 comment:

Katy Robertson said...

I have a second bedroom. If it is ever too loud, give me a call and come over. You two can stay with me. especially if madison has a final. He needs to sleep!

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers