Friday, August 28, 2009

Getting used to this schedule is exhausting and leaves very little room for energy for the weekend...I am looking forward to the day my body catches up and gets used to this schedule.
Sunday, I'm at church at 7am-11:20am, and 5:30-7:15.
Monday, I'm at church from 8:30-4:30
Tuesday, I'm at church from 8:30-4, then I zoom over to a music store and teach from 4:30-5:30.
Wednesday, I'm at church from 8:30-8:30, if it is a good rehearsal. Sometimes later if not.
Thursday, I'm at church from 9:30-6:30
Friday I'm off of work for the church job and teach 3-4.

The first time in literally months I was able to sleep in was in Brookhaven a few weeks ago, and that was "only" until 9am because the dog needed to go out at that point. I have had something going on Saturday morning or early afternoons for a very long time! I am hoping that I can start sleeping in a little more on Fridays. Madison doesn't have class til 9:30 which is nice.

I am constantly exhausted and getting more addicted to caffeine...we have diet coke and coffee in the break room, and I definitely put it to good use. I haven't been sleeping very good lately either...2 days ago I went to bed at 11:30, woke up at 4am and didn't go back to sleep until 30 mins before my alarm went off! It's weird...drastic new schedules will mess with ya I guess.

The puppy is so sweet...I love her! She's sitting by me chewing on her duck right now. She's incredibly snuggly and sleeps all night. She sleeps with me and loves to get under the covers. I have always wanted a snuggly dog and she is definitely snuggly. She has to be touching one of us at all times when she's laying down or sitting. We take her on one long walk and a few short ones a day, which is good for us and her. That's enough to put her to sleep when we want her to go to bed.

One thing about switching to working 45ish hours a week from working 8 hours max, I wasted a lot of precious time...I don't have time to do things I enjoy anymore, because the weekends and Fridays are taken up by a very much needed nap and housework. I really covet those hours back that I had time to watch TV, sew, do things I enjoy. Such is life, and as I get used to everything, I will become more efficient at everything and be able to do things I enjoy in small doses, but for now, it's slightly depressing coming home, eating, and feeling so tired and ready for bed.

God is providing for us through this job, and I know it's in His plan and I will get adjusted. Ministry is where I fit in, and I really feel like it fits me well too. This job requires a lot of energy, and somehow I am able to do it all so far and will get better at it. My house is so disgusting right now, and I am quite overwhelmed in that area. I know Madison and I will be working hard at the house tonight and tomorrow when I'm not playing a gig and going to a band rehearsal at the church.

People have it worse than me. This is a sweet job in a sweet office. Doesn't pay extravagantly, but it's enough to pay the bills and I am able to use my gifts which is what I really want also. It's just a matter of getting used to an entirely different lifestyle. I can't believe how spoiled I was, getting to spend so much time at home last year! Now I know what it's really like to have a "real job". I feel all the rest of your "pain" now :)

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers