Saturday, August 22, 2009

It has been forever...

I'm a bad blogger. Here are some updates:

  • us: Madison & I are doing well. We are getting used to a different lifestyle with me working 40-50 hrs a week and him going back to school starting Monday and working. Sharing a car can be frustrating at times, but it is still going to work at least until he may have to leave for the summer for an internship or job. We are enjoying having time to hang out most evenings. He's singing in the choir which makes my Wednesdays a lot happier.

  • job: I love my job. It's tough and long and tiring, but rewarding. My boss has been very nice about giving me lots of grace while I learn a lot from my many mistakes. I am finally feeling like I am getting the hang of it! It is a wonderful environment with wonderful people. Teaching starts full force this week, so I am going to be incredibly busy. I definitely get tired on weekends like this where I have to work every day on the weekend, but I won't have weddings for 2 or 3 weeks now, which is great. A lot of people ask me what I do as Music Assistant. I attend staff meetings, I get the order of service nailed down, I proofread the bulletin, I schedule musicians and rehearsals, I get arrangements to every hymn and often transpose them in Finale for organ, piano, bass, drums, percussion, synth, guitar, Tom's lead sheet, and the choir. Then, almost every week, we have guest musicians (brass quintet, string quartet, sax, vocalists, etc.) I spend the bulk of my time getting music ready in finale and assembling peoples' folders. I order music and maintain our music library, take calls for my boss, attend and prepare for all rehearsals, etc., etc., etc. That's not all, but that gives you an idea.

  • We got a puppy! After we got back from NC & MI which was extremely fun by the way; we got a puppy from a place in Pontotoc! Her name is Lady, and she is a 3 month old Boston Terrier. She's so sweet and easy! She has lots of energy, and keeps us very entertained. She also sleeps a lot though which is great. She sleeps through the night and doesn't cry or anything. I am always sad to leave her for work in the morning. Right now, she's about 7 lb. She will get to about 18 lb.
That's about it. We're in full swing starting Monday with Madison in school. Fun fun! I will try to be better about blogging.



No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers