Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bad, bad blogger...

I am terrible at this! I am going to try to do better! I want to have a daily short post instead of these crazy, long ones that no sane person would get all the way through. ha. Life is crazy, as usual. I am really looking forward to Sept. 26, when my last gig until Christmas happens!!! It does mean less money, but now that I have my new job, my weekends are treasured and important to keep as free of a schedule as possible. I have now been working for 11 days straight without a day off. We had our retreat last weekend, so I had to work all day Friday until 9pm, then Saturday 6:45am-3:00pm. Then of course, my Sundays start at 7:00am at the church (which means 6ish here at home waking up and feeling like smashing my alarm clock).

I finally got my work computer, which feels awesome. I now can sit at my desk and not run to whoever wasn't at their computer at the moment. I definitely won't miss running up to my most frequently used computer on the humid, musty 3rd floor and sending stuff downstairs to the printer; running down the stairs, then often up and down 10 more times before the end of the day. I'm getting faster at my job. I'm still working more than I would like to, but it's getting better, slowly.

My work computer is a PC, but I'll live ;-) My mac is on its last leg and I fear for its life every time I use it. :( (and yes, I'm an OCD backer upper, so no fear there). It's not like we can just go buy a computer, so if it dies, that's it for now. Yikes! Poor MacBook.

Can I just say that my work, although incredibly stressful at times, is the best work environment right now for me? I have 3 motherly, sweet secretaries making sure I'm ok, 5 very nice pastors, and two very funny janitors. (we became friends quickly). I definitely feel like screaming half of each day with frustration, but I really am starting to get the hang of it. I am not incredibly type A, and only OCD about a few things, which makes my job difficult for me. My boss thinks like a type A person, and I act it out...which is a little difficult for a layed back, forgetful person like me! I try my best. Organization is not my strength...which is interesting when in charge of thousands of pieces of music...not to mention my list of 1,999,222,333 other things I have to do every week...mm hmm!

Let's see...this week, we (the law wives of "law spouses") are selling t-shirts. I am the president, so I have been busy organizing that. Tomorrow (at church) is crazy Wednesday to put it politely. Every Wednesday I feel like I won't make it through the end of the day. It's a lot to get done, and sometimes I cut it incredibly close. I'm getting faster though, as well as gaining a few volunteers to fill the choir folders. I am trying to force myself to take a break in the afternoon, but I don't know if that will happen. It hasn't been lately! I work straight from 8:30am-9pm with about a 10 minute lunch break and 20ish minute dinner at church.
Saturday my trio has a wedding in Corinth, so that will eat up my day...but it's ok...after the weekend after next when I have a sorority gig, I won't have any more tied up Saturdays until December! I will have most of Friday off at least. Sundays I am at the church for 8 hours!

I look forward to Fridays a lot...I teach for 2 hours and that's all. Fridays are my Saturdays. Teaching thrown into the mix makes for a lot of work, but I would never quit teaching my kids over this job and it also helps pay the bills which is obviously a plus!

I want to be able to have time to do fun things, like sew, watch tv, scrapbook, things I haven't been able to do once since my job, and especially since we moved and I haven't had time to unpack everything, especially non-essentials. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie or did anything for fun except very small things like cooking! I am going to try to make time for these things. I'm bound and determined to!

I want to try to make my life as pleasant as possible...this means I will have to work really hard while home on the front end and get this place squared away. I'm so worn out when I get home that I feel like collapsing instead of working on the stuff I need to work on at home, but I will get there. It's just a steep slope I am determined to conquer. It all takes time and I'm learning.

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers