Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain, Rain, go away!

It has been raining for a LONG time now! It reminds me of home in Michigan. I can't believe I'm actually growing a little sick of the rain! I used to love storms and rain, no matter how much we got. I see lots of rainboots around town! It was really funny to see the Ole Miss girls in their dresses for the football game (yes, they wear dresses...) with rainboots when I picked Madison & Nate up.

Today I am working, we have a staff meeting in an hour, then I will know what I have to do this week. But for now, I don't know what the order of service is yet, and my boss usually arrives about 10, so I am able to breathe and take it easy this morning with my large Chai from Uptown. I already cleaned up from Sunday and such this morning. I haven't bought coffee (or chai) from a coffee shop in ages, but this morning was a large chai morning. I went to Bottletree Bakery, but forgot they were closed on Mondays! So I traveled down the street to uptown. Good choice...this chai is good. I think I'm getting sick, but I am ignoring that fact. I woke up like 10x last night...2 because our dog threw up 2x. Gross. I don't really sleep like a normal person. I wake up a lot for no good reason at all...especially when I need the sleep the most it seems! I went to bed early at 10:30 too!

Law school is going well for Madison. It definitely keeps him extremely busy! It's difficult to be married to a law student, but it's so worth it! I love having the support group of other girls married to law students to hang out with and commiserate once a month at our get-togethers. :) I am so happy Madison found his niche, something that he enjoys and is good at. That is enough to get me through being alone and having to hold back from speaking a lot while he's studying at night after I come home from work.

I'm finally getting used to living in a small town. Finally. It took long enough. Being without a mall and Target 5 minutes from home is SO weird! You have to drive 45 mins to go to a decent mall, and 50 minutes to a Target...Oxford should really get a Target. I hate Wal Mart. But...with that said, I have gotten used to having to plan on a future event to shop instead of sporadically shop. It does save me money I guess! Speaking of shopping, I am SO READY for it to get cold enough to wear my fall clothes! Being from the north, I have a very small amount of warm weather clothes still. I wish clothes weren't as expensive as they are...it's just too expensive to get what I need right now! I feel like I wear the same shirts every week, but I'm trying to learn that it's okay to do that. That is hard for me to do sometimes! I just need to learn how to be laid back and not selfish about it. Plus, I do have a very sweet mother-in-law that takes me shopping, so it's not like I have all cheap clothes either!

My mom used to take me shopping to a lot of nice places. I remember when she was sick, she was in Naperville, and shouldn't have been out and about. She came to school to take me to lunch and had bags of sweaters, pants, etc. from the outlet mall and from the Danada Square mall just because. It was no particular day, but she would take me shopping and get me more than I needed. I am so thankful that the stuff has lasted this long. It's starting to make me sad that the stuff that I have cared for for this long is starting to pill up and get worn. It's just a hard realization knowing that that last stuff she bought me is now old. I miss her so much! (obviously not just because she took me shopping!!!) :-) She was my very best friend and we had such a good time together.

I am determined that this is going to be a good week. I am sick of whining about the hours I am working, and sick of my house being a wreck. I am going to shape up and do what I need to do to have a pleasant environment to come home to. This IS going to be a good week, I am going to make it one!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I will be praying that it is a good week for you! I hope you feel better too!

Miss you!

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers