Sunday, November 29, 2009

Time to re-import Christmas music into i-tunes!

This morning was the first Sunday of advent. We did Hanging of the Greens, which I directed 6 families in each service to walk down and decorate the church, so to speak. One family had the advent wreath, one lit the candle, one had greens, one had the Christmas ornament, one with the Christmas star, and one with the Christmas bells (an 5-note e flat triad of bells to be exact - thank goodness I found the right notes when I looked last night for them!)

It was a little like being a wedding coordinator, with me in the back giving directions on how to do their roles, and then telling them when to go. I will say, I am very happy I'm not a wedding coordinator. It all went off without a hitch, but it sure was stressful!

We sang Christmas songs and it really put me in the right place to finally be okay with it being Christmas season. I was not ready to listen to Christmas music a few days ago! I am very picky about Christmas music and when I'm ready to listen to it. I have been working with Christmas music since late September too, so I have really had to tune it out haha.

We are excited to decorate for Christmas! I will be doing the majority since Madison is in full on study mode now, but he will help me with the stuff I can't reach and such.

This Sunday night is the big Christmas concert, so I will be completely consumed with that this week.

Happy advent week 1!

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers