Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blog Neglect...shame on me!

There has been a whole heck of a lot going on lately, sorry I have been neglecting this blog...I have been neglecting a lot of things lately, unfortunately! Last weekend, I helped throw a bachelorette party for a friend after working a 10 hour babysitting shift, then the next day I got up to drive to Starkville, MS to play in a wedding, I came home and thank goodness Madison's mom pulled in about the same time to help with the recital. I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without her. She was a huge help! Madison had a 49 page exam on Monday, so obviously he had to study a lot...needless to say, I woke up and it was recital day for my violin kids. They all did beautifully...I'm very proud of all of them. It was my first full student recital! I was pumped at how smoothly it all went, thanks to other people helping!

Monday I was back to my 10 hour babysitting shift, then yesterday I finally got to sleep in for the first time in a long time. Then I taught, then I had the Law Wives Club over for a dessert/game night. This morning, I spoke/played at the Oxford Rotary Club at 7:30am, came home, got some work done, then took my orchestra kids to the Veterans' home. That also went really well! I was so proud of the kids for pulling off 6 songs! Yay! The experience level literally is 1 year of playing to 13 years of playing, so it's a challenge for me! From there, I taught until 5:15. I caught up on yesterday's american idol (found it online hehe...) and then watched the episode tonight at home. Life has been a little bit of a whirlwind here lately! Tomorrow is Madison's last exam!!! I couldn't be more relieved...I don't know what it is, but it seems longer this time around. I'm so sick of not being able to really spend quality time with him at all. I'm glad I have the law wives club girls to talk to about it. They obviously really understand what it is like to be married to a law student.
This weekend, I am playing in a wedding in Grenada, then we're thinking about going to Brookhaven for Mother's Day since we'll be an hour south already anyways! Margaret's birthday is Saturday also! Big eventful weekend for the Taylors!

Last night was crazy weather with tornadoes and such, (we were sitting in the bathroom at 4am...not fun at all...I am so not used to not having a basement!!!)
so I'm looking forward to going to bed really soon (I have to get up for work at 6:30!)
Here's my jobs right now:
Private teacher at the Fine Arts Academy (9 hrs/wk i think...), Private teacher at a local music store (1 hr/wk), private teacher at private school (1hr/wk) orchestra director at a local school (45 min/wk..but I arrange music for hours), and babysitter 20 hours a week, plus freelancing and being my trio's wedding booking agent haha.
I'm getting used to a busier schedule but it's making me have less time for things that keep me sane....ohhhh boy :) haha...Summer schedule is coming soon!

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers