Sunday, May 24, 2009

a wonderful day

Today was wonderful. I feel so blessed. I woke up and went to practice with the worship team, then played in church. I met a lady who is in charge of the Farmer's Market that Madison and I will be playing at, and many others came up to introduce themselves. It's funny how you sit back for a while before feeling ready to dive in. I have never embraced moving, and can be quite hesitant to get involved. I have moved around so much, my natural instinct is to close up and not like anything, so that when we move, I don't have to hurt so bad. This obviously was something I tried very hard at not doing this move, and one of the last things I have recently opened up to is getting more involved in church. We're going to join it this fall. Our church is full of young people - it's thriving, and we really love it. The pastor has wonderful things to say, and it's a great place for us to be. It meets in an old skating rank. How cool is that! haha. Not somewhere I would want to settle for the rest of my life probably, but it's a great church for now while we're young and wanting to connect with our age group. We have some great law school friends that go there, and we also have been trying to branch out and have some acquaintances we hope to get to know better.
Back to the music: So I played with the guitarist and pianist this morning. We play hymns and RUF music. There was an unusually large crowd for a holiday weekend. I really enjoyed the people I played with, and I'm officially part of the worship team now - so that's fun.

I got home, and got an email from someone whose teacher recently moved away (the teacher was an aquaintance of mine - she was a MM student at Ole Miss and is now going for her PhD in Alabama). The student is an hour-long student which is AWESOME (double the $$ of most of my students). I got a second email only an hour later from a friend of the student who had just emailed me. That student told the other one about me, so she emailed me too! I have since emailed them back and they both emailed me again, confirming times to start this week! This is such a boost to my spirits...I feel like I have been working so hard for so little result lately. Yay!

Like I said in a previous post, next weekend is our 1st anniversary. I can't believe it has been almost a year! It has definitely flown by in a lot of ways. A year ago right now, I was pretty much freaking out with all the loose ends I had to tie up. There were lots of interesting twists...like finding a big lipstick stain on the back of my wedding dress from the alterations lady...!!! Thanks to my sister & brother-in-law, they took it to the lady and she got the stain out! I am still so pleased with how every detail fell into place. The ONLY thing wrong was my dress was still bustled from my final fitting in one little part of the corner of the dress for the ceremony and pictures, and that is such a small detail. You can't tell in most pictures even. That's about the only thing that happened...which is SO small compared to some weddings I have witnessed! Enough about the wedding though, I am so thankful we have each other. We have so much fun hanging out and living here together. It's so much fun to share this place and go on little trips and explore around Oxford together. We get along so well, and he is absolutely perfect for me :-) He is such a good husband! This is our fourth year being together, so we have had a lot of fun from ages 19 to almost 24. :)

Speaking of almost 24, poor Madison has our anniversary on May 31, (which for this year, we decided having each other was enough, so we're not going to do anything except dinner due to tight $$) - and then he has my birthday on June 26...haha. So fun times for him gift wise huh!? Oh well, I'm not too demanding. :-) Right, sweetie?

Well, tomorrow we both have the day off and I cannot believe it! We are so excited - we think we're going to Sardis Lake if the weather is nice. We have never been there, and it's free (or very cheap at least).

Tuesday Madison starts summer school...fun times for everyone...:-/ I'm just focusing on the weekend....and the fact that I have him around, unlike most of the girls in the law wives club who have to part ways for the summer with their husbands!

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers