Sunday, June 7, 2009

Farmer's Market gig


We had a blast at the Mid-Town farmer's market! To make a long story short, I got an email from my friend Marco telling me about an opportunity to play at the Farmer's Market for tips and produce. I emailed the lady, and I got us all set to play. A few days after I got her response, a lady came up to me in church and introduced herself to me, it was the same lady! I just started playing in church a month ago, so she made the connection.

Anyways, from 8-11, Madison and I entertained the farmers and customers. It was SO fun! Some of my students came out, and we made $65.00 in tips and got a ton of produce and some pretty sunflowers, as seen above! We were shocked!!! We had an amazing time chatting with people and playing Celtic fiddle, kids' music (it was kids' day), folk, etc. We'll be back in August and September to do it again! :-)

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

that sounds awesome!

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers