Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday blues

Not really...just couldn't think of a title :-)

We had a fun 2 days in Brookhaven Fri-Sat! It was Tully's birthday and we had a fun time visiting. Madison's birthday is on the 27th and I am trying to think of a few somewhat inexpensive things to get him...boys are difficult to shop for!!
Law school has been going well for him -- I honestly don't know how he does it -- last night, he didn't finish his homework until about 2am. Usually it's not before 11pm, but before 12:30am. Although I completely understand and am SO thankful that he is a hard worker and that I don't even need to push him at all, it is difficult for me especially in the evenings when I want to hang out with him or talk to him and I can't. I have painted some things, and I'm trying to come up with other things to do. We're getting cable soon, which will be nice for when I'm really board.

The studio is going well. I have great students, they're all hard workers and fun to work with! One family is driving 45 mins one way to come to lessons (I'm apparently the closest teacher!) I have 3 students that are elementary school age, and 2 that are in high school. I am having fun teaching, and hope to get some more students. I am still working hard on getting more students, but it is still slow. It has definitely been a test of my patience.

I joined curves - I am excited about it. So far, it has been fun! I am looking forward to dropping some weight and just getting more healthy. Madison & I have been trying to eat healthy, and we have both dropped at least a few pounds. Drinking water is something I have really been pushing myself to do lately, and I feel so much healthier when I drink enough water!

Tomorrow night, I host Bunco which will be fun. I'm already getting ready for it, speaking of which...I should get back to it!

Liz

2 comments:

Bech and Marley Evans said...

last year, bech was working on his senior thesis, so i totally know how you feel! it can get lonely sometimes! but i am glad you are doing curves...i started doing that and it was fun to have something to do at night! are you going with danica?

Marley and Bech said...

Marley beat me to it! That's funny, I was going to write something along those lines. I have thought of you two often in the last week because I've been reading the book Madison sent me off with (The Liberated Imagination). Needless to say, it's great, and I'm so glad to have it in Africa. Books aren't easy to come by here.

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers