Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's been a little while since I have posted - things have been somewhat busy, and I'm so happy to finally be into somewhat of a routine. Lessons are going well so far, I have very sweet students. Madison & I were going to go to Memphis yesterday for Labor Day, but we decided not to because of the traffic from the evacuees and possible bad weather. Today was when it was supposed to "hit" here (just the tail end of the storm) but so far, it's just windy & cloudy. Madison's classes were on watch of being canceled but weren't. We had a really fun day together still and got a lot done around the house.

School is going well for Madison. He works on homework until late evening, but is learning how to do his homework more efficiently. It just takes time to figure out what works for him, verses someone else. This is his thing...he loves learning the stuff, he loves telling me about it, and I'm so thankful that he was able to have this opportunity because he is completely cut out for this way of learning and such and is very excited about it.

As I wrote about some cultural differences here, I have to write about this one...you northerners will get a kick out of it. At MSU games, I never ever dressed up as much as a polo even...we always wore MSU colors, and either tshirts, sweatshirts and jeans or shorts. Here, the girls/women wear dresses to the football game! It is so funny to me...and yes, I caved & wore a sun dress and hate to admit that it was actually fun to dress up for...haha. It definitely helped with the incredibly miserable heat to wear a sun dress. It's so crazy to see how decked out people get. Guys dress up too. Lots of them wear crazy stuff like red dress pants, khakis and blazers, etc. I love dressing up and it will be fun to do, it just still cracks me up. When I was stuffing my bag with something to sit on, water, etc., I was saying to Madison, "I cannot believe I am wearing a DRESS to a football game!!!" People would probably stare at you if you did that at a MSU game. I had such a fun day. Instead of tailgating in the literal sense, people set tents up in the grove (the large, beautiful wooded area on campus) and it's packed with tents. There's a Brookhaven tent we hung out at, and there's also a law school tent we hung out at. Here's some pictures:







Left: Mallory, a girl I met in our bunco group. On my right: Danica, my original friend that has been so nice to me (her husband is a hometown friend of Madison's and they live in Oxford too)

Jason & Danica



No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers