Sunday, September 7, 2008

New job!

I got a second job that I am excited about. Back when we moved here, I contacted just about every musician in Oxford (which is not a whole lot!) and tried to get connected. One of the last people I found was a Kindermusik teacher who has a big Kindermusik business here in Oxford. She has a large studio in the front of her house, as well as a teacher she hired to teach at a community art center, the "Powerhouse". Her studio is ranked in the top 3% in the world, and it's a Maestro studio (named by Kindermusik). Anyways, she needed another teacher to go into daycares and teach the little kids in the morning. Most of the daycares are in churches, and in fact, one is in the church where I teach lessons already. The time frame is from 9:30-11, which is perfect, mainly because Madison's classes start at 9:30, and I don't teach before 3:30 usually. I am so excited to have another job, and so excited I didn't have to go the route of working at a non-music minimum wage job or something. I finally feel like I am using my music degree a lot, and I am very happy where I am. 

Life has been going well. I'm still lonely for more friends, homesick for Wheaton, for familiararity, missing my family, etc. But I really am growing to love this town and my friends here. Some days are harder than others, where I just sit here and cry because I'm so frustrated, but most days have been increasingly more positive and happy. 

Tomorrow at 6:30pm, there's a dinner meeting here in Oxford for the law wives club. I'm excited about it, because I get to meet girls in somewhat similar situations to me. It'll be nice to have an automatic group of girls to hang out with. They meet once a month and do different activities and such, so I'm excited about it. I'll write about it more after the first meeting.

Well, Madison and I are about to go catch some dinner before this hectic week starts!
Liz

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers