Friday, February 27, 2009

Long time, no write

I am terrible at blogging! I will try to do better!
We had a great weekend last weekend at the Taylors. We went to a charity ball. It was fun!
Here's a few pictures:
Madison & me with our friend Katy:


Tully (Madison's sister) & Katy with me

With the sisters-in-law at home (only college age & + go, so that's why Margaret isn't dressed up)



The Taylor kids





I'm at a "plateau" right now, as far as students go...I'm trying to brainstorm to come up with even more ways to get more students. I'm somewhat happy with the number, but it is definitely not even close to half of the students my sister has, and my goal was 25 students (I need 10 more to make it to 25). The orchestra job does help quite a bit, but since I'm the "bread winner", it is kind of added pressure to do as much as I can. I work really hard to get students, but with the economy, people are very reluctant to pay for violin lessons. I have had probably 15 or so people who have expressed interest, and then said no because of $.

My friends are going to Florida for a weekend next weekend - I wish I wasn't so far away from all my college friends. It's really hard to be so far away! New Years was fun, but way too short and busy. We didn't really get to visit as much as I would have liked. This will be the first year I don't go with them on our little tradition to Disney. I will miss so many things about it and it makes me so sad I can't go. I get really home sick for my friends from Wheaton. I was hoping since it was over a weekend instead of a week, we could afford it - but it's just out of the question with how little I make and all of our expenses here lately. I tried everything I could to go, but it's just not feasible. They may come visit me sometime - I just really wish I could find a way to go (I'm still searching for a possible cheap flight but doubt that is going to happen...flight are SO expensive!!!) So that has been kind of making me feel sad this week, although I'm trying my best not to be a downer, because no one wants to hang around someone like that...

So much happened in such a short time...college flew by so fast...too fast. One minute, I was taking the train into Chicago with the girls Freshman year, and the next minute, we were walking down the aisle in Edman graduating...3 weeks later, we got married and moved 632 miles away...that all happened so fast!

When you are there and able to live with your best friends or walk 2 doors away to their apartment for 4 years, you grow incredibly close and it is really hard to get used to being this far away!

I miss you girls!









No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers