Sunday, February 15, 2009

Update on life

Well, here I am again, being lazy and not updating like I should. Not a whole lot has happened since I last wrote, but a few interesting things have happened, I guess!

1. I got my hair cut! I love it, it is SO easy and light and fluffy! I used to dye my hair constantly (obsessively) and it was really really dead & dry on the ends, so that's the main reason I cut it. Dying my hair used to be a stress reliever and a way to keep from being "boring". hah. It's officially all my natural non dyed hair now! Yay! Then I decided I haven't really had anything above the 2 inches below the shoulder type cut since 8th grade! So it's a nice change. I got some side bangs too which hide my forehead better than when I swoop my hair over by myself. And the hairstylist literally costs exactly half of the one I went to in Wheaton! Yay for the cheap South...haha.

Before:


After:




2. We're moving! I hate, hate, hate that this house is so nice and perfect except for the VERY loud club in our back yard...it's bad. It has apparently changed ownerships, it was bad before. But it seems to have gotten even worse! It is loud until 1am. Our windows shake sometimes, and the low bass that often REALLY gets to me. Sometimes I just start crying because it gets to my nerves so bad night after night. (so maybe I'm a bit over sensitive to sound??? Poor Madison...) We have heard more explatives from rappers with our doors & windows shut and we're just sick of it! Well, our lease runs out this summer, and our friends from law school knew of a house for $75.00 less than this house per month. It's quiet, 5 miles out in the county, and you can paint it, have dogs, and it's just a tiny bit smaller than this place. It has an office & 2 bedrooms, a nice kitchen, washer & dryer, living room, and 2 bathrooms. The master bathroom is BIG! :-) We will have to be more creative with the layout of our furniture, but it will be well worth it! I am so pumped. The back has a fairly large deck and yard, where we will enjoy our grill and "toe roaster". Our next door neighbors will be aquiantences of ours, and it will be SO nice to know they're there for 2 more years as well. They're quiet and will be nice we/they need anything. We probably won't get a dog at least for now, but that doesn't mean I don't want one SO bad! Unfortunately, pets are expensive and right now, our budget doesn't allow for one. Some day! I have already thought of names, colors for the leash & collar, breeds, etc, etc. I need one of those things to keep me company, all those late nights when Madison is still doing his homework! I would love to have a sweet doggie to cuddle up with me while I am on my laptop or watching a movie/tv. Or even reading the occasional book (*gasp!*)

3. We had a nice, low key 1st married valentines' day. Can't believe we've been married for almost 9 months! We decided not to fight the Oxford traffic, plus it's expensive to eat out around here! We usually go for lunch if anything, just because it's cheaper. We were going to, but instead, we just grabbed something to eat here. I made dinner and a cake. I was proud of my cake...I always try to think of a reason to make a cake, because I love being creative with cakes! It all started when I was in Kroger, and they were selling heart shaped throw away cake pans. There were 2 of them in a pack. Then I went online and found this fun diet cake recipe on omnomicon's blog. I'm usually an unbleached flour, natural food when-it's-cheap type girl, so this was kind of a rare occasion for me! :-) Let's just say, Madison was SHOCKED when he cut open that cake! haha!

So here's what I did...

I divided the batter into 3 bowls. I used gel food coloring (better for you than the old stuff - and brighter!) and dripped it into the bowls to make pink, red, and left the yellow cake as is.














I greased the pans w/ crisco and flour to make it easy to flip them out to decorate.
One cake mix = 2 heart pans. I poured the majority of the red on the bottom of the first one, half of the yellow cake mix on top, and about 1/3 of the pink on the top. Then with the other, I did the opposite. Don't mix the colors, just dump on top of each other.

















I baked for the normal time on the box directions, they came out just right.
















I flipped the first one onto the cake platter and iced it.













Then I set the second layer & frosted it.











Tada!




















































4. I'm starting my 1st Saturday group lesson in 2 weeks and I'm pumped! It will be once a month! Bekah recommended a book that gives ideas and such and I am ready! I had 100% parent response which just warms my heart! I am so excited for these children to all meet each other and gain confidence by playing with and for each other! We will play theory based games, play for eachother, with eachother, play other music games, etc. I will definitely have to report how well I am able to control 7 children from ages 5-10!

That's about all, nothing else to report! :-)

2 comments:

Gamard said...

When will ya'll move? Count on us to help you move and we'll also cook something so you don't have to worry about food when moving's on your mind. So glad you're getting away from Nighttown!

Anonymous said...

Love your hair!

The giraffe print was just what I was looking for. The bathroom needed that little lift, if you know what I mean:)

I miss you too! I hope you and Madison are doing well! Love ya girl!

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers