Monday, November 3, 2008

6 things about me


My friend Kelly tagged me in the Kreativ Blogger award to write 6 "interesting" things about me...here it goes...

1. Music has been a part of my whole life -- I wanted to be like my big sis who played Suzuki violin, so I started when I was 3 1/2 or 4 (I always forget when exactly it was). When I was 12, I decided that I wanted to drop violin lessons and pick up the viola. When I was in HS, I was in the choir, the Dayspring chorale, the HS orchestra, and the Grand Rapids Youth Symphony. When I was in college, I majored in viola performance, and took violin lessons in addition to viola lessons my senior year. I play guitar, I love singing, and I love playing the piano. It's a stress reliever for me. I play the piano a lot. I sing when I am by myself at the house...is that weird? haha.

2. Moving around has also been a big part of my whole life -- I was born in Lansing, Michigan. Then we moved to Whitinsville, MA. I don't remember living in MI (the 1st time). Then we moved to Cary, NC. After that, we moved to Grand Rapids (Ada/Cannonsburg), MI. Then we moved to Bardstown, KY and then back to Michigan to Rockford, MI. We moved to Grand Rapids, MI (only 15 mins away) and then I went to college. The summer before college, my dad transfered jobs to Keane, NH -- I only was "home" for maybe 3 times before they moved back to Grand Rapids, MI. Then to Naperville, IL. And then I moved with Madison to MS!

3. As a child, I had an outtie...so pictures when I'm wearing a thin shirt look awkward when I was little...and it's embarrassing! (I had to put something silly!)

4. I am older than Madison - I tease him about it but we're only 3 months apart so it doesn't really count...

5. Madison & I have a "band" on Rock Band 1 (wii video game)...we have fun playing that on weekends sometimes when he isn't completely swamped with law school stuff (which is not that often). He plays drums and I play guitar, and sometimes when people are over, they play guitar and I sing. We love jamming w/ guitar & fiddle together and do it quite often. Madison has a good voice but won't admit to it. We are nerds but that's okay with me :)

6. Even though I may seem really social, I actually don't like getting out and doing things. Once I do get out and do things, I'm happy I did and wouldn't trade it for sitting at home...but sometimes it takes a lot of willpower to get myself out and about. Sometimes I can be a little anti social (gasp!) and I do enjoy a bit of time at home. I get nervous before I go to a party or an event, but people say they don't notice...it's weird! I love being with people, don't get me wrong...I can just be a little nervous at first! It takes a while for me to open up, but then once I do, obviously I'm pretty social haha.

Now I tag:
Kristin
LinkKaty
Marley

Laura

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers