Monday, November 17, 2008

It's that time of year to get sick...

On Saturday, we went to the Ole Miss vs ULM game. I was not prepared for the weather -- who knew MS could be so cold in mid-November? I figured it wouldn't be bad. I wasn't bundled up, and I got sick from being too cold. The windchill was 38*F. It was spitting cold rain for a bit, and I caught something terrible from it! We left early, since the score was 59 to 0. (we won) On Sunday after church, I was sitting on the couch arranging a Christmas tune for my students when I started sneezing 0ver & over...then a headache rushed in...then I got all achy...it was like I got hit all of the sudden! Needless to say, I woke up this morning feeling absolutely miserable, so I'm taking it easy today so I can work the rest of the week. I'm expecting a bunch of my students to be sick this week, so I'm going to be pumping the vitamin c and vitamins in.

I have another potential student, which would bring the # up to 10 students (not including the 5 kids at the classical school on Fridays). 2 of them are 45 min lessons, the rest 30 minute lessons. It's building up! Victor told me he knows of 3 or 4 people who may want to start in January as well! Now my ages of students range from 3 years old to 18 years old! I also have done a ton of work this weekend looking for free ways to advertise for weddings. I already got 2 responses through one wedding planning site, and one for sure that I am playing at on the Lyceum steps in May - it's going to be pretty! I am playing in a gig this Tuesday for a concert with professors from Ole Miss and members of the Memphis Symphony. I had the rehearsal on Sun. night and I was very surprised that some of the Memphis symphony was in it! I think I'm the only one in that group without at least my master's or performers certificate...haha! It's so fun to be needed down here as a violist, since I'm the only violist around the Oxford area! I have a gig at the Tupelo Childrens' Choir concert. The cello prof at Ole Miss asked me to play in it, it's music for string quartet and Childrens' Choir. It will be fun! I'm so excited that I'm getting gigs, since sometimes they pay as much as an entire week of teaching!

I have been sick, so Madison & I have been eating eggs & bagels & frozen pizzas, and a sub from quiznos...not very healthy, but all the stuff I have in the house to make is stuff that's complicated (& Madison is really busy studying). He makes good scrambled eggs though! ;-)

Well, Madison should be on his way home fairly soon, and I am going to go make myself some hot tea. I wish I had other kids other than regular...yuck! I'm going to have to invest in some flavored tea bags next time I'm at the store.

2 comments:

On The Menu Tonight said...

Hello!! Well, this is my first time blogging. I cannot believe that I have been roped into this:) I am glad to see you are on here though!! Hey, can you help me? I need to know how to add a blog list like you have. Thanks!! I will be in touch!

On The Menu Tonight said...

Nevermind! I figured it out:) How are you guys doing? We are living in Lynchburg currently until Peter is done with his UG and then we are moving...I am hoping for GA, but honestly I am up for anything other than NC and MI:) I want to see you guys sometime, I really miss our times together in the past. I was looking at some old pictures the other day and saw some of you and I and we looked so different back then and dressed like we did not know what we were thinking!!! Remember those days??? Anyway, hope you have a great Monday. Feel better soon! I hate being sick:(

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers