Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gigs, Chicken Tortellini

I'm excited because I finally feel like I'm "in" as far as gigs go...I was just discouraged just a few days ago, because my friend Yan was telling me about all the weddings she has played, and how Irwin took up the viola & has been playing all of those gigs...But, I was asked by the man who sets those gigs up this morning to play in one, and I have a great gig in December lined up now! He already asked me if I was available for 2, so I feel like my hard work preparing for the concert I played with him paid off. Musicians make a lot of their money from gigs, (especially without a full studio like me!) so this will be a little boost that we will definitely appreciate and benefit from. Since Irwin is the only other person that plays viola in the area, (other than students and none of them are music majors and they never get gigs) I feel like I can get at least some of the gigs now :)



Here's my recipe of the day:


Chicken Tortellini


















Yum! This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law.
It is REALLY good. The spinach I put in is probably way more than called for, but we both love spinach, haha!

Chicken Tortellini

3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breasts
2 peeled, cubed Granny Smith apples
4 minced green onions
1/2 c mayo (I used lowfat - that's what I had in the fridge & it turned out great)
1 9 ounce package of cheese stuffed tortellini
1 bunch of fresh spinach, washed and torn
1/2 sunflower seeds
1 8 oz. bottle Italian salad dressing

Mix chicken, apples, green onions and miracle whip or mayo and let stand in fridge overnight. Cook cheese tortellini according to package directions. Combine tortellini with chicken mixture, add spinach and sunflower seeds and toss with salad dressing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers