Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas celebrations continue

Madison and I have never spent a Christmas or Thanksgiving together before, so it has been really fun to experience everything together this year! After having a wonderful time with the Taylors over Christmas, we are now in Normal, IL with my dad for a while. We're going up to Wheaton to see our friends and celebrate new years with them, then back here for a day before we head home to Oxford. Our festivities have really been drawn out which has made it fun. We arrived last weekend to the Taylors, and enjoyed pre-Christmas time playing games, last minute shopping, etc. Then on Christmas Eve, I played at the Christmas Eve service at their church. The service went very well, and it was nice to experience it all. Overall, it was a pretty easy day, considering that is the 3 year mark of my mom's death. 

Christmas day was exciting -- we got up, opened presents, had an amazing late lunch, then all the cousins & aunts & uncles came over later that evening. The next day, we headed up to Madison's grandparents, spent the night, went back to Oxford, did laundry & wrapped dad's presents, cleaned out the car & filled it with much warmer clothes, coats, etc., and took off the following morning (yesterday morning) for Normal. We left about 9am and made it here by 5:15.  Not a terrible drive. Madison and I had fun making lots of mixes the night before, so between that and talking about how much fun we had at Christmas, etc., we had a pretty good trip. I get very impatient when I have to be in the car for more than 6 or so hours so at times I was probably acting a little crazy/loopy, but Madison survived the trip with me just fine. :-)

Today we are just hanging out in the exciting town of Normal...(ha ha), and possibly going to a movie -- then tonight we're doing Christmas,  and tomorrow early-ish, we are headed to Wheaton for a few days! Yay! 


When I get home, I will take pictures of some of my presents and blog about it!






No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers