Saturday, December 6, 2008

Study time for Madison

Excuse this post if it is worded a little weird...I hit my head REALLY hard on the car door (don't ask how - I am SO clumsy) and I'm feeling a little funky...

It's officially exam time...Madison has only left his desk for meals and sleeping for the past few days. I honestly have no idea how he studies as much as he does, but he is good at that. I am way to a.d.d. to sit still for even a little bit! So, I'm keeping him company and wrapping presents, making Christmas mixes, doing lots of crafts, and catching up on corresponding with people I have been thinking about for a long time but haven't been a good friend lately to.

Danica & I went to Collierville, TN yesterday morning to do some Christmas shopping. We had lots of fun. I love seeing towns all decked out for Christmas! Where we went was a beautiful outdoor mall. We had a great time getting some fresh air on that beautiful day in between stores. I got Madison's main present (he has no idea what I am getting for him -- it's not something he asked for!) I got some family presents, and I did find 2 sweaters and a gig outfit for really cheap! I previously did not own a pair of black pants...I made it ALL the way through college with wearing long black skirts to all my gigs and concerts. The quartet that I play with all wears tuxes for the guys and dress pants & black shirts for the girls. Ann Taylor Loft had a big sale and I got a 60.00 pair of black pants for 22.00 so I was extremely happy. I am going to be doing lots of gigging so I needed that badly and have been waiting to find a good deal on some. Black dress pants can be really pricey!

Speaking of gigs, I have a fun one tomorrow. I'm playing in a string quartet - we are accompanying a children's choir. I will report back how it goes. Other than that, nothing big to report. I just made a huge grocery trip to get a lot of nutritious ingredients to make Madison some of his favorite meals during these crazy next 2 weeks of exams. He's having some guys over to study later, so I should go pick the house up a little more!

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers