Saturday, December 13, 2008

This is going to be a long week...

After having a wonderful time in Brookhaven from Wed. night until this afternoon, I am back in Oxford. I was very excited to see Madison and we caught a quick bite to eat. Then, back to studying for him. This is going to be a very long, lonely week! I am so proud of Madison for all his hard work he has done studying from morning until late at night without stopping except for meals. It's definitely a bit of a strain on both of us, but it's just part of law school I guess! He seems to feel good about how he is doing so far, and he is 1/2 done. 2 weeks feels like a very long time to not have my husband available to hang out even for a few minutes!

Last week was my last week at Oxford Fine Arts Academy & Regents is also done (both until Jan). I teach 2 students this week who wanted to continue until the week before Christmas, and they are on Tuesday. Otherwise, there's not too much to do, since I am very very close to being done with Christmas shopping.

This house is very small, so there's not much to do with upkeep. So basically, I am already bored out of my mind...and I have several more days until Madison is done being at his desk LITERALLY all day long except for meals...it is very quiet, and very boring in the Taylor household.

I have been making ornaments, writing Christmas cards, catching up with people, and trying to come up with things to do...I should be thankful with all this down time, but I really am going stir crazy. Thankfully, Brookhaven was a wonderful break from my boredom. I had a great time with the Taylors and Madison stayed back and got a lot done here.

Madison & I have a HUUUGE list of things that we have been saying "when I am done with exams, we will have to..._________" Which include:
1. Go see a movie...any movie...we haven't seen a movie in a theatre together since June in North Carolina when we were house sitting for my sister
2. Go to Germantown, TN and eat at one of our favorite restaurants that was accessible in Wheaton but not here, and do a little shopping.
3. Play a game together
4. Actually have conversations that don't have to do with exams or students
5. Visit Memphis & do touristy things
6. Watch Christmas movies together

I cannot wait to spend a great break with Madison. 5 more days....

2 comments:

Katy Robertson said...

as of wedenesday night, I will be done so if you can make it that long, we could go to a movie or get coffee!!

i miss seeing nonlaw schoop people so I would love having that to look forard to.

Unknown said...

I applaud your patience. My girlfriend is having a hard time dealing with my studies, and she's in Virginia, in grad school, and teaching during the day. I can only imagine how anxious you must be for 18DEC.

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers