Friday, January 23, 2009

More new students, etc.

Well, life has been very busy. We have been on the phones with the insurance companies and such a lot, which takes up more of your time than you would think! We still have "baby head" as Madison calls it, where when you wake up in the morning, you need to lift your head with your hands because it hurts to lift it on its own, and we get sore if we are sitting in one place too long. The hardest thing for me is not being able to sleep at night. I have never ever had a problem sleeping before, but because of the pain & awkwardness of trying to find a good sleeping position when you are usually used to plopping on your stomach and passing out within minutes (if not seconds), it's kinda frustrating! But hey, I'm just thankful we are okay and were protected in that accident.

Thankfully, I have a few breaks in my lessons. I didn't teach the first of the week, but I'm back to teaching now. I started 3 boys and a girl in the last 2 weeks, and start a woman next week (she's 30-ish). Another man knocked on the door at the beginning of a lesson and is from the church I teach at. They have 5 boys, and one of them is interested in taking violin lessons. The students are trickling in at a faster rate. It's very encouraging and exciting. At first it was really stressful, because I started out with just 2. I honestly don't even know how many I have now! I would have to count in my planner! I teach Regents today. I hope they aren't too terribly hyper, but I'm definitely going to take some aleve before I go.

Madison is back full swing in school. Most evenings he's able to stop work at a decent hour, but there have already been a few late nights. That's just how it goes. It's hard to get used to at first! We are figuring out our schedules and have finally figured out who drops off who and when. Right now we have a rental car, then this weekend we are going to drive up somewhere halfway or something and borrow a car from my dad (he still has 2). He originally wanted us to drive all the way up to Normal on Monday and drive back Tuesday, but Madison & I have school & work that we need to do, and that is an awful long way (8.5 hours one way) so I think we've talked him down to St. Louis, which is still going to be rough. Riding in the car really hurts. :-( He originally said he would drive it down and fly out of Memphis or something, but he is busy with Toni & her girls this weekend. Ouch.

But, we will be fine, and it's a car to drive, so if we have to drive an 11 hour round trip to get a car to borrow until this all blows over and we figure something out, we will I guess. No other options are given to us, so that's what we are going to have to do, which is okay.

I am determined to have a better attitude on life and take things in stride. I have been disappointed by different people that haven't lived up to my expectations, and I feel like part of that is my fault for giving them any expectations to start off with. Maybe if I expect nothing, things will be little nice pleasant surprises or something instead of disappointments. I have a tendency to feel bitter towards people which is not a good thing and I am working on it! Sometimes it's hard but hey, everyone struggles with at least something, right?

I have been lazy with cooking because of our accident, so no recipes today. We ate take out & fast food and such this week (thanks to help by Madison's parents!) and then a very sweet mom of one of my students brought us not only an amazing dinner, but 3 frozen casserole meals as well, and a breakfast blueberry pecan cake roll! We have been all set this week and feel so blessed by the wonderful people who are so kind and generous.

When you feel like you've almost had a second chance at life, your prospective changes a little. All the little things that bugged me about myself (and big things) seem to be more important to work on. And all the people I have neglected via phone and such are also more important to get ahold of. I remember that second when I had bubblegum limeade all over me (read the accident post) let's just say that scared the living daylights out of me. It was dark, so I didn't know what it was. After my bloody murder scream, I realized I could still move and heard Madison whispering "it's okay it's okay it's okay" and I started sobbing because I couldn't believe both of us were okay...that is still so traumatic for me to think about and makes me shudder. On that wonderful note (hah) I am going to go get some work done.

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers