Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update

Hello everyone, just a little update. We're both in excruciating pain still - you have to get creative when trying to stay clean and such when you've been in a car accident and you can't bend your neck or back much at all! The weight of a towel on my head hurt way too much to keep it there for long. As long as we take our meds, we feel relatively great. Coming from me, you know I have to be benefiting from meds when I will say the side effects of having dry mouth & being drowsy are worth it. I absolutely hate taking medicine, especially ones that make you drowsy. It's one of those things that you wake up crying in pain and take your meds really quick and within a half hour, you feel relatively normal except for the woosyness. I woke up this morning and forgot what happened for a second. I felt like I had been dropped on my head & beat up or something! It quickly came back to me that we were in an accident. I'm surprised neither of us have said too many crazy things being on vicadin and all. All I said one night is, "I hear puppies barking in my ears!" It isn't very strong though, because both of us are able to function pretty normally (other than the fact that we can't operate a car or anything).
We were laughing at the hospital when both of us were wheeled in wheelchairs and left in the hall waiting for our x rays...Madison joked about how this would be us in 60 years...haha oh dear.
I keep on thinking "oh, I'm fine, I don't need the medicine..." then it wears off and I get really cranky because of the pain. I take after my mom about not taking medicine unless it is absolutely necessary. But believe me, it is necessary. I keep on thinking the accident wasn't "that bad", until I remember how I was suspended by my seatbelt and slammed back into my seat. My door was bent and they had trouble getting it open. Poor Madison was suspended by his seatbelt, and when he came back into his seat, his seat broke and was flat down, so he was lying down when the car stopped. Our sunroof slider thing went through the top of the car, and our stuff like I said flew everywhere.
Funny story for you: Sonic has these really yummy cherry limeade drinks that we LOVE. when we were leaving, it was "happy hour". 2 for 1. So we decided for the road, we would get a cherry limeade like we normally do when travelling. I took a sip and said "this tastes like bubblegum...YUCK!" and Madison tasted his and his tasted like it too. They accidently squirted the wrong flavoring in our drinks. When we got in our accident, we felt sticky pink stuff on us, and realized that our bubblegum drinks got all over us. So not only were we in an accident, but we had sticky pink drinks all over us!!!

We would appreciate your prayers, as we are still fairly traumatized from the accident and in pain. One of us needs to go off our meds tomorrow to try to drive home, but we are going to see how that goes. This was our only car, so we are trying to figure out the logistics of renting a car and then getting either a new (used) car, or borrowing another from my dad. He gave us that car when we got married, it was the car I used in high school. It will all work out. God is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you two considered seeing a chiropractor? After my accident the summer after sophomore year, which totaled my car, it helped a lot. I was off pain meds very, very quickly. If you do choose to do that, try to find a place that does both chiro and physical therapy at the same place because the two together worked really well for me. And honestly, anything to get off those pain meds is a very good thing. Nasty stuff for sure.

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers