Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Crock Pot Pot Roast

I never ever have made pot roast, and I don't cook with beef much...so this was a new experience for me! This will definitely be a recipe I keep and use on occasion. It had a lot of flavor (I don't really like the taste of plain beef without lots of spices, etc.). This recipe is from my friend Jordan - she's a great cook and has a lot of great recipes on her blog. It's also incredibly easy - you just throw it in the crock pot before you leave for work, and dinner is ready when you get home!

Jordan's Crock Pot Pot Roast

INGREDIENTS
2lbs Stew Meat
4 Carrots, chopped into big pieces
2 Stalks of Celery, also chopped
12 Small Potatoes (white or red)
1 Medium White Onion (I used small boiling onions, whole)
1C Water
1t Worcestershire sauce
2 Cloves garlic, whole
1/2T Oregano
1 Bay leaf
3/4T Salt
1/2T Black Pepper
1/2t Paprika

DIRECTIONS
Put everything into crock pot, stir just enough to mix spices. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high 4 to 6 hours. Serve with homemade biscuits and you’ve got a warm and comforting meal.

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers