Thursday, December 3, 2009

How to make your own ornament tree!

I randomly thought of this in Wal Mart and just made it up as I went. I am fairly happy with how it turned out!

What you need:

1. Cone-shaped (?) foam...yes, I realize this is flower foam, but being in a small town and unfortunately limited to wal mart for my craft needs (ugh) this is what I got.





















2. Small, round ornaments













3. Something to cover the cone (I chose to use some of the 100 feet of pretty silver ribbon my sister gave me)













4. A glue gun

5. An ounce of patience


What I did was cover the cone first with the ribbon, and glue here & there to keep it in place (I may or may not have burnt my finger a few times, since hot glue does go through the ribbon and hurt a lot if you touch it...good work Liz...)



































Next, I glued a ring around the bottom (make sure to set it down and glue it so it isn't crooked - I had to fix a few!















Keep on gluing until you get to the top! Then glue one upside-down on the top, or do what I did: glue a round ornament, then a star on top of it!


Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers