Monday, December 7, 2009

I got tagged

I got tagged by Marley for a blog post called












Since I have the day off, other than teaching, for the first time since the Sat. of thanksgiving, I can actually do things like this! haha.

I tag all my blog readers :)

Here are the rules:
Rules for the award:
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

So here it goes...

1. I am not sure what I'm doing really, but ok...
I love to cook. It is refreshing, it helps me unwind, and I love to try new things. Unfortunately, lately I have been pulling insane shifts so sadly the cooking at home has more turned into grab something from somewhere cheap. Thankfully, that time has passed and now I can once again go back to doing that! I'm so excited!

2. I have a really hard time when Madison is taking exams. It's so hard to leave him alone and not include him on all the things going on at work and such. There's always a huge amount to tell him after work, and since we usually don't talk from about 8am-6pm, I always want to sit down once we're both at home and chat. This doesn't happen much during exams naturally, so it's really hard to mind my own business and have him in the same house but pretend he's not there. I am so excited for Dec. 16 to come! That's when he's done. We're going to go see the blindside and have a nice dinner somewhere!

3. I love Oxford, it's really great. It has been a nice change of pace and I love love love where we live. It's so quiet and peaceful. It is a huge change from being in basically a Chicago suburb. It's a different pace of life. I love the community, and being able to see someone you know just about anywhere you go. I know some people don't like that, but that's my personality. I love being able to run into people.

4. I am a bottler and have quite the temper. A lot of people would say "what?!?! you?" but if you have seen it, you know. That's all! :) I'm working on it.

5. I stand up for myself. This was NOT me in jr high & high school. I let people be mean and never stood up for myself. I was a doormat and a pushover. Being "too sweet" is damaging once you are around mean, controlling people. That is not me anymore! I don't let people say things to me that I don't like to hear without saying something back to them. That being said, I also hate conflict. I don't like things to stew. I want to resolve things quickly but in the right way. I also am not a naturally confrontational person, which makes this very difficult, but I have learned in the last few months to be very confrontational and bolder.

6. I love music, art, and photography. Secretly I really wish I could just have all day to paint and take photos and play music on my own time. I kind of let out a huge sigh every time I sit in my office at 7:50ish am and think about the day and how I have to teach and work and be working 10ish hours per day, if not more. I am a free spirit, and I don't like being under someones' authority. I don't like being told I have to be somewhere and do something. I know most people don't want to be in an office all day and a job is a job, but for me, it has been a character building experience - a very good one! I am enjoying the job, don't get me wrong, it's just not what I had pictured when I was working for that degree. I have always challenged authority a little, and it has really made me quiet down about it. My job isn't just a job either. The ministry aspect has been a great aspect of my job that I have really not only been able to give to others, but receive as well. I really do love the environment I am in.

7. I am a home body big time. My sister loves going to Europe, and this will be her 3rd summer going there. Me on the other hand, no thanks. I enjoyed my many trips overseas, but I do love to stay home. She didn't mind moving around as much, but I did. We're just different in those ways.

8. I have lived in MI, MA, NC, KY, IL, MS, and NH for 1 month (and helped my parents move back to MI then IL.) We went from MI --> MA --> NC --> MI --> KY --> MI --> then my sister & Matt --> NC, then my parents to NH--> MI & IL, --> IL then me --> MS. Social anxiety, anyone?

9. I love flowers. I love taking pictures of them, staring at them, smelling them, I love them. Sometimes in college I bought myself flowers when I missed home early on Freshman year to brighten my room. Then I met this sweet guy named Madison who started buying them for me! :)


10. I am so thankful Madison knew my mom and my mom knew Madison. Not only did she know Madison, but she knew his family! She knew we were going to end up getting married, and she approved big time. She loved Madison and loved how well we went together. She visited several times during semester 2 of Fresh. year and the beginning of Sophomore year. I specifically recall a few times where she took us to 7 Dwarfs to get shakes, took us out to dinner, etc. She pulled me out of class to take me shopping which was so awesome! Those memories will last a lifetime, and are so precious to me. She was the first one of my family to meet him. I still remember it was in Fischer lobby when she met him, and we sat and talked for quite a while before grabbing some lunch or something.








1 comment:

rebekahdiane03 said...

My 4th summer, thank you very much! ;)

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers