Wednesday, August 6, 2008

my job!

Well, the interview went well! The man I will be working for is the music minister at First Baptist Church. He is also the director of the Oxford School of the Arts, where I will be working. I will have a studio with a piano in it, and I already have 3 students lined up and more on the way! I'm really excited about this opportunity. It really works out well, because they handle my money and everything. Makes it a lot easier to do taxes that way.
Right now, I am babysitting. The little boy is asleep right now, so I decided to pull my computer out of my purse. The other babysitter said that that's what she does also, and I was able to get right on their wireless. I am babysitting until tomorrow, filling in for Danica who is out of town.
I am already exhausted -- I forgot how tiring babysitting can be with a 2 year old, although he is very sweet! You would think since I nannied for 2 families for almost 2 years, both with 2 kids under 3, I would remember how tiring it was! haha.
I'm looking forward to this weekend - Madison & I are going to Tupelo on Friday - we have a Sams Club card & gift card we want to stock up on necessities & school supplies for Madison before all the school rush happens and the lines are really long. Then I want to swim in our pool and get some sun! It's weird having it this hot in August! Usually it starts getting at least a bit cooler by now in the Midwest.
Madison starts law school (orientation) on Aug. 21! I'm excited for him. He's really looking forward to it, and we're both looking forward to a set schedule. I am really enjoying this time off with him, and we have been SO thankful that it has worked out to spend so much quality time together, but we're both starting to get cabin fever and just ready to have stuff to go to and have a schedule.
Well, it's about time that Avery wakes up, so I better get going in case he's ready to get up!
Liz

2 comments:

MandB et al said...

The bad news is the heat is going to get worse before it gets better ! But, when fall finally comes it is so so nice :) Have fun in Tupelo !

Kathy said...

Congrats on your new job....it sounds like you two are exactly where you should be...I'm so happy for you both!

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers