Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today is my 1st day of teaching

Although I have been certified in Suzuki pre-twinkle and books I-IV and taken 2 other pedagogy classes and had taught a total of 7 students before now, I have never started a student! They've always been remedial. I have all the training, it's just a matter of putting it to use (which...makes me really nervous) I have my first student today at 4:30. My first student is a sophomore in HS boy and I don't think he's ever had a violin lesson. I think it's so cool that he wants to start, and it will be an unusual case...I can't use the "bunny hand" and the "fox" and all the other child like cutesy terms that I use on the little ones, but it'll be very interesting and props to him for starting at this age! I'm excited to start him today and the other kids tomorrow.
I'll blog later about how it goes! I'm nervous, but as Bekah told me, I have the training and need to stay confident.
Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww he will probably have a crush on you caus you're so cute!! i know you'll be great!

miss you :(

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers