Monday, August 4, 2008

FINALLY!

I finally got my first job! I have been so frustrated/stressed out as time progresses...I got a phone call today from First Baptist Church and they want me to work for them at their music program! They will pay me on a tuition based salary, so the more students, of course the more I will get paid. I am so excited, because I already have 3 students lined up and a 4th that is expressing interest! The music director expects more students to trickle in as fall gets closer...This is a huge answer to prayer. I was starting not to care where I applied (coffee houses, restaurants, etc.) So now I feel like a door has opened and I can focus on finding students. It's been so depressing seeing Madison's and my hard-earned money being drained out of our bank accounts and not making anything to put back in there, so I am pumped at any amount that can be put back in our accounts!

We had a fun visit with the Taylors this weekend - it's so fun to have people stay at our house! We had so much fun trying out a few neat restaurants in Oxford that we've been dying to try, and it was fun to introduce them to a few new places that we have found. I love Oxford, it's a fun artsy cute town. It's a little of an adjustment, being from big cities practically my whole life, but there are so many good things about it, I haven't had too much "homesickness". I do miss restaurants, stores, friends that are not here, but am also becoming attached to things here that I would miss if we left. It's finally feeling like a place I can call home, even though I sound so much different and the culture is just a different place than I'm used to!
People are so friendly and helpful, and I have felt nothing but welcome from anyone we've come across. We visited a really nice church with so many young adults, I think we're going to stay at this church. It's called Christ Presbyterian Church. Funny, because our Pres. church we attended for a while in Grand Rapids was also Christ Pres. We're going to try the Sunday school once the new one starts this fall.

Sometime soon, Madison & I are going to take some pictures of downtown Oxford and I will post them on here.

Hope everyone is doing great! Leave me a comment if you feel like it :)

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers