Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm Back!!! Slow cooked peppercorn steak

Just to let you know, we are on the south beach diet. Some of these recipes have been on my poor camera for a VERY long time so not all of them are completely south beach...I am going to post a bunch of recipes in different blog posts today.

This first one was DELICIOUS!

I would have never thought to make a steak of any kind in the crock pot. As a busy couple, we use our crock pot at least 3x/week. The crock pot can be used in many different ways, to cook just about anything! It seems to be the only safe thing to be cooking while you're gone. I just turn it on before we leave in the morning, and the smell of tasty food is strong as I come in the door! All I have to do is serve it up at that point!

On to the recipe...
Peppercorn Steak (4 servings)










4-6 steaks (use whatever is one sale, it will tenderize nicely)
2 chopped bell peppers (I used orange)
1 yellow onion, chopped (I chopped mine very fine, like I did here.)
8 ounces of sliced mushrooms (I opted out of this one, since we are not big mushroom fans!)
1 cup tomato sauce (I used one that had very little sugar content)
1/2 cup Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup water
1 T Italian seasoning
1/4 t black pepper

D I R E C T I O N S:

Put the meat into the stoneware. Cover with the chopped veggies. Pour in tomato sauce, Worchestershire, and water. Add Italian seasoning and black pepper (no need to stir). Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6.

Madison & I LOVED this and definitely will make it for a special treat once in a while!

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers