Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Scarce around here

Us T's have been very busy lately! Madison is preparing for a national moot court competition at Vandy, as well as writing-on for the law journal...I seriously have hardly been able to exchange words with him for a long time now. Usually the first part of the semester is fun and laid back, but not this one! He has been working on moot court and now law journal since exams finished! :( I keep on just telling myself it will be worth it someday when he's a lawyer. It's difficult being married to a law student, but I obviously wouldn't have it any other way. I have been going to bed by myself for a really long time, thanks to moot court and law journal...boo...at least lady keeps me company :) Sweet girl. She's so much fun! I think it makes it difficult that I work so much too...so it's not like I'm at home waiting for him to come home...I'm at work from 8am until 6 or 7p right now...and one day a week, 8a-10:30p straight! It is all worth it to be providing for our little family right now.
I just completed my first bridal expo! It was exhausting but worth it, I think! There were 1,000 people there...I talked to hundreds of people from 12:30-5pm. I got ideas from my mother-in-law on how to decorate the booth, did the booth by myself, carted everything to the car (5 trips of heavy stuff!). I have been getting good feedback and bookings from it. It's hard to break through in this town as a musician, and it was a risk I was willing to take.
My house is in bad shape, seeing I get home and make dinner and then pass out. I have been going to bed in between 9 & 11 but mostly earlier. I don't know why I am so exhausted all of the time! It's weird!

I haven't seen any friends in forever! I am buried in work right now, because I'm taking on more students, I'm a contractor/coordinator for wedding musicians, and I am working a full-time 8-4 job. I will be happy when I have a little Liz time...:) I have so many projects I have been jotting down and dreaming of, just not a minute to do them!

Well, it's 8:30 and I'm exhausted. I worked a full day, made breakfast & dinner, contracted 2 weddings, and taught 5 students!

Hope all is well with my readers :) I am going to post some food posts that I have been storing that are nearly finished! Enjoy!!
Lizzie

No comments:

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers