Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Years Resolutions

I never make them, therefore never break them! I have always thought New Years Resolutions were a little silly... :) I will just do something if I am determined to do it!

One goal I do have (not a resolution mind you!) is to lose 40 pounds this year. I am making plans to really work hard at this! I just need to get that weight off! I have been carrying it around since my mom died, and it is way past due to get it off...I never struggled with my weight in high school and the first part of freshman year. I thought I was big back then, but now I realize how tiny I was and how I so want to be there again! I got off the trail when Thanksgiving hit. Now I am going to really stick it out until my weight is lost. That may mean I don't get any Easter candy, but I just have to tell myself that it's worth being small.

This January will be crazy. I will be working 50+ hours and will be exhausted. I am picking up a bunch more students. There's light at the end of the tunnel, and I will actually be able to paint, do crafts, have a little time here and there for myself after this month is over! What a wonderful feeling that will be, not to be flying by the seat of my pants constantly. I will have time to cook, meal plan, keep this mess of a house in shape, and still be the breadwinner. :) Right now as it stands, I am very very sick of coming home late, eating bad things, and going straight to bed, only to repeat it again the next morning. I'm just not enjoying life, and the environment I am in currently is toxic. That will be no more after the last of January.

By the way, I am hinting around and being weird on purpose. You can figure it out. Yes, it's safe to strongly hint around like that.

Happy New Year everyone :)

The end

1 comment:

On The Menu Tonight said...

Great New Year's Resolutions:) It is funny because I was looking at blog templates and I was SO close to choosing the one you did. I love it! I hope you and Madison are doing well. Miss you guys!

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers