Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wings w/ homemade ranch dipping sauce

I tried something from the low-carb cookbook I bought at a bargain bookstore in Wheaton. I normally wouldn't make something like wings, but we had some range-free hormone-free chicken wings from the "chicken man" as Madison calls him. He sells chicken at the farmer's market we play at, and gave us some frozen chicken as our tip from him!

Back to the chicken...this chicken was GOOD! I may use the marinade on boneless chicken breasts next time.

These were only 4 carbs with the dipping sauce! (per 2 wings)

































Preheat your oven to 450*F.

Ranch dipping sauce:
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder

Combine above ingredients in small bowl.

Combine 2 Tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of sugar (I used splenda), 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl.

Cut tips from wings; discard. Place wings in large bowl. Drizzle with orange juice mixture; toss to coat.

Transfer chicken to greased broiler pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear and skin is crisp. Serve with ranch dipping sauce.

1 comment:

marygrace said...

Last night I was making baked potatoes and salad for dinner when I realized and we were out of salad dressing. I was thinking of running to the grocery store when I remembered seeing this recipe on your blog! I made your ranch dressing recipe and it was delicious! Thanks for saving the day:)

Graduation from Wheaton College

Graduation from Wheaton College

Us at an Ole Miss game

Us at an Ole Miss game

Our Wedding

Our Wedding

Madison's family

My family


Click below to visit my cooking blog:

Liz’s Cooking Blog

Followers